The course equates to 2 CPD hours
Individual sessions may be taken, each equating to 1 CPD hour
The course is also presented as part of our convenient “Online -Ready-To-Go” series of programs so you can learn when, where and how it best suits you! Offline support (questions direct to the facilitator) is also available.
Individual Sessions – $33 per person (incl. GST)
Entire Course – $66 per person (incl. GST)
Generous discounts for groups
Organisation / Group Fee
- 25% off on bookings of 5 or more.
- 40% off on bookings of 10 or more.
- 50% off on bookings of 15 or more.
- 60% off on bookings off 20 or more.
- Group bookings must be from same facility location.
- Discounts are automatically applied at checkout.
This program is a must if you or your colleagues, in acute medical/ surgical units:
have trouble managing the confused older patient as well as your other clinical load
view the older confused patient as disruptive, noisy or demanding
believe the older confused patients keep you away from your other patients
are desperate to find tools and strategies to better manage the confused older patient in acute care
notice “standard nursing practices” don’t make much of a difference to the older confused patient?
Prue Mellor RN, MNg(Geront), MNg(NPrac), MACN
Course Details & Payment Options
The course will be available from March 31.
Delivery suggestions for groups
- we recommend the program, where possible, is set up as group sessions, through your TV or data projector
- staff who cannot make the group sessions can have access to the recorded ‘archived’ sessions at times to suit
- each group should be facilitated by a RN, as ENs cannot not direct care to PCW/AINs
Got any Questions?
click here to submit your enquiry
Full Course Options
Session 1 – The Facts
- is it confusion/delirium/dementia/depression
- the impact of ‘poor’ nursing documentation
- international criteria a must for nurses
- risk factors/precipitants for confusion/delirium
- ‘gold standard’ assessment processes
- ‘gold standard’ assessment tools
Session 2 – Nursing Practice
- ‘gold standard’ nursing practice
- translating assessment data to effective care
- why and when care may not ‘work’
- no TV; no noise & not near the nurse’s station!
- when nursing alone is not enough
- no magic pill only contemporary nursing