BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
This course supersedes Certificate IV in Frontline Management.
Most registered and enrolled nurses act as leaders and perform some management activities each shift. This qualification validates your knowledge and skills, while broadening you work opportunities in both nursing and the broader job market.
Yes, these days, for most supervisor/management positions you do require the ‘piece of paper’ to evidence your skills in leadership and management!
The full course includes 12 units of which four (4) are core units, the remaining eight (8) units are electives.
If you cannot see a particular elective unit of interest please call us and will arrange to make it available, to view options click HERE.
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
The entire program is on-line and all materials are accessible at your convenience.
Once you return (by mail) the completed and signed registration form, and have paid at least your fee for your first unit, you will be sent your login details, directions for beginning, and a welcoming letter from your assessor and trainer.
A Qualification is accepted as CPD if relevant to work. Each Certificate IV Unit is a nominal 40 or 50 CPD Hours!
A Statement of Attainment for individual units of a course is accepted as CPD if relevant to work, in fact exceeds the minimal hours. Refer HERE
Domestic students residing in Australia:
Fee first unit:
$199 – includes $19 course material
$110 (one-off fee – includes GST)
TOTAL Fee first unit:
Fee for subsequent units:
$199 per unit – includes $19 course material
Total Course Fee:
includes $228 course material & also includes one-off $110 Administration Fee (incl.GST)
You may choose to complete individual units or complete the entire 12 unit course.
BSBMGT401 SHOW LEADERSHIP IN THE WORKPLACE
- Model high standards of management performance and behaviour
- Enhance organisation’s image
- Make informed decisions
BSBLDR401 COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY AS A WORKPLACE LEADER – Core Unit
- Identify context for communication
- Clarify message and engage communication
- Take follow-up actions icon=”” icon_align=”left” color=”” link=”http://www.ageconcern.com.au/not-currently-available-online/” target_blank=”false”]Register Now or Enquire for More Details[/dt_button]
BSBMGT402 IMPLEMENT OPERATIONAL PLAN – Core Unit
- Implement operational plan
- Implement resource acquisition
- Monitor operational performance
BSBWHS401 IMPLEMENT & MONITOR WHS POLICIES, PROCEDURES & PROGRAMS TO MEET LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures & legal requirements for identifying hazards & assessing and identifying risks.
BSBLDR403 LEAD TEAM EFFECTIVENESS – Core Unit
- Plan to achieve team outcomes
- Develop team cohesion
- Participate in and facilitate work team
- Liaise with management
BSBWOR404 DEVELOP WORK PRIORITIES
- Plan and complete own work schedule
- Monitor own work performance
- Coordinate professional development
BSBCUS401 COORDINATE IMPLEMENTATION OF CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGIES
- Advise on customer service needs
- Support implementation of customer service strategies
- Evaluate and report on customer service
BSBMGT403 IMPLEMENT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Implement continuous improvement systems and processes
- Monitor and review performance
- Provide opportunities for further improvement
BSBLDR402 LEAD EFFECTIVE WORKPLACE RELATIONSHIPS – Core unit
- Collect, analyse and communicate information and ideas
- Develop trust and confidence
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties into positive outcomes
BSBFIA402 REPORT ON FINANCIAL ACTIVITY
- Compile financial information and data
- Prepare statutory requirement reports
- Provide financial business recommendations
BSBHRM405 SUPPORT RECRUITMENT AND INDUCTION OF STAFF
- Plan for recruitment
- Plan for selection
- Support selection process
- Induct successful candidate
BSBRSK401 IDENTIFY RISK AND APPLY RISK MANAGEMENT PROCESSES
- Identify risks
- Analyse and evaluate risks
- Treat risks
- Monitor and review effectiveness of risk treatments