Restraints – Understand the department’s expectations
$55.00 incl. GST (AU$)
1.5 CPD HOURS
Dr Rodney Jilek
Locked units, antipsychotics, concave mattresses, bed rails & half doors are a few of the restraints you may have used, but do you know when they are considered false imprisonment, battery, battery & assault.
• you cannot delegate your responsibility by calling a doctor or family for a decision on restraint use.
• the required assessments before, during & after restraint use
• the evidence you require before restraint use
• when guardians, families & EPOA cannot request restraint
• the decision making tool details
Facilities (and groups of nurses working from the same facility) receive a discount of 25% on registrations of 5 or more, 40% discount on registrations of 15 or more, 50% discount on 15 or more and 60% on 20 or more!