New Strategies for Chronic Pain Management – Session 4
$55.00 incl. GST (AU$)
[dt_list style=”1″ bullet_position=”middle” dividers=”true”][dt_list_item image=””]1.5 CPD HOURS[/dt_list_item][/dt_list]
Session 4 – Opioids and hyperalgesia, addiction, dependence; neuropathic pain
At the completion of this session the nurse should be able to discuss the issues of opioid use in the management of chronic pain; define and discuss the mechanism of neuropathic pain.
- do people with end stage dementia ‘qualify’ for a palliative approach?
- tolerance and the paradox response of hyperalgesia
- dependence, tolerance and pseudo-addiction
- current evidence on the Bio-PsychoSocial model and its role in chronic pain management
- introduction to neuropathic pain