Heart Failure – is your care evidenced on care plans?
$55.00 incl. GST (AU$)
[dt_list style=”1″ bullet_position=”middle” dividers=”false”][dt_list_item image=””]1.5 CPD HOUR[/dt_list_item][dt_list_item image=””]Deborah Spicer MRCNA, MN (NP), GradDip (CV nursing), GradCert Health (Self-management), BN Nurse Practitioner. [/dt_list_item][/dt_list]
With the focus of many care plans being funding driven, often required care for residents with heart failure is not included.
Remember, if it is not written it is not done!
The nursing authority is interested in your practice, not the amount of funding you receive.
• overview/refresher of pathophysiology of heart failure
• the various presentations of heart failure
• hospital avoidance with staff management or self management!
• when nurses fail to notice a change
• the role of medication for heart failure in 2012
• palliation in end stage heart failure
At the completion of the session the nurse should be able to introduce contemporary assessment processes and care strategies that support residents with chronic heart failure, minimising the risk of hospitalization.