Restraints – Understand the department’s expectations
$55.00 incl. GST (AU$)
[dt_list style=”1″ bullet_position=”middle” dividers=”false”][dt_list_item image=””]1.5 CPD HOURS[/dt_list_item][dt_list_item image=””]Dr Rodney Jilek[/dt_list_item][/dt_list]
Locked units, antipsychotics, concave mattresses, bed rails & half doors are a few of the restraints you may have used, but do you know when they are considered false imprisonment, battery, battery & assault.
• you cannot delegate your responsibility by calling a doctor or family for a decision on restraint use.
• the required assessments before, during & after restraint use
• the evidence you require before restraint use
• when guardians, families & EPOA cannot request restraint
• the decision making tool details
At the completion of this session the nurse should be able to discuss in details the department’s new restraint guidelines and better understand restraint use in the aged care setting.