The Coroner and You – Making it Safer for All!
$55.00 incl. GST (AU$)
[dt_list style=”1″ bullet_position=”middle” dividers=”false”][dt_list_item image=””]1.5 CPD HOURS[/dt_list_item][dt_list_item image=””]Facilitator: Assoc. Prof. Linda Starr[/dt_list_item][/dt_list]
The role of the coroner is to investigate why particular deaths (and fires) occur and then recommend changes to protect the public from repeat incidents.
• what are reportable and reviewable deaths
• who is responsible for reporting
• how the practice of a single nurse may affect the practice of all nurses
• a brief overview of death investigation process
• how the coroner communicates findings to nurses
• some examples of coronial recommendations for nurses
At the completion of this session the nurse should be able to discuss the role of a coronial inquiry may have on the practice of nursing.